Thai Red Beef Curry
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 250 g diced beef
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste
- 3 small tomatoes, halved
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ can coconut cream
- Heat oil in pan and when hot, add beef and potato.
- Stir occasionally so that meat browns on all sides.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste and allow to fry until aromas are released.
- Add tomatoes and carrots then water (enough to cover about halfway). Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the water has mostly evaporated, add the peas and corn and a little more water if needed. Cover and simmer for another couple of minutes until peas are cooked.
- Add coconut cream, stir and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or other preferred accompaniments.
Variations: Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I always keep peas in the freezer and usually have a potato or two floating around. You could toss in a handful of frozen mixed vegies or add some capsicum slices, baby corn or diced carrot. If you want to increase your greens, stir in a small pack of baby spinach leaves a minute or two before serving.
Click here to read about my favourite celebrity chefs.