Thai Red Beef Curry
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (I use olive oil)
- 250 g diced beef
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste
- 3 small tomatoes, halved
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ can coconut cream
- Heat oil in pan and when hot, add beef and potato.
- Stir occasionally so that meat browns on all sides.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste and allow to fry until aromas are released.
- Add tomatoes and carrots then water (enough to cover about halfway). Bring to boil then cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once the water has mostly evaporated, add the peas and corn and a little more water if needed. Cover and simmer for another couple of minutes until peas are cooked.
- Add coconut cream, stir and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or other preferred accompaniments.
Variations: Use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I always keep peas in the freezer and usually have a potato or two floating around. You could toss in a handful of frozen mixed vegies or add some capsicum slices, baby corn or diced carrot. If you want to increase your greens, stir in a small pack of baby spinach leaves a minute or two before serving.
Click here to read about my favourite celebrity chefs.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.