Chicken Stuffed with Camembert and Date & Tamarind Chutney
Take your mid-week chicken meal to a whole new level with tangy Date & Tamarind Chutney and rich, melty camembert cheese. This deliciously easy recipe is packed with flavour the whole family will love.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins
- 2 chicken breasts
- 50 g camembert cheese, sliced into small chunks
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Date & Tamarind Chutney (+ extra for basting)
- ½ bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 200˚C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Slice down centre of each chicken breast to form a small pocket.
- Baste generously inside and out with Latasha’s Kitchen Date & Tamarind Chutney, then stuff with 3-4 slices of camembert cheese.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a large frypan. Add the chicken breasts and sear for a few minutes per side until brown. When flipping, baste with another coat of chutney to your liking.
- Transfer seared chicken to a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat remaining oil and stir fry asparagus spears and cherry tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Rest the chicken for a few minutes, then serve with cooked asparagus and cherry tomatoes and a side of chutney to dip.
Did you know?
This tangy Date & Tamarind Chutney is a beautifully balanced mix of deliciously sweet, spicy and tangy flavours. This is fantastic as a dipping sauce with samosas, curry puffs, vegetable pakoras, bajias and pappadums. It also pairs well with brie, camembert or blue cheese. It makes a perfect drizzle or brush-over for roast or grilled vegetables and meats. It’s also Coeliac Endorsed, dairy free, nut free and vegan.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.