Chicken Stuffed with Camembert and Date & Tamarind Chutney
Take your mid-week chicken meal to a whole new level with tangy Date & Tamarind Chutney and rich, melty camembert cheese. This deliciously easy recipe is packed with flavour the whole family will love.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins
- 2 chicken breasts
- 50 g camembert cheese, sliced into small chunks
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Date & Tamarind Chutney (+ extra for basting)
- ½ bunch asparagus, woody stems removed
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- Preheat oven to 200˚C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Slice down centre of each chicken breast to form a small pocket.
- Baste generously inside and out with Latasha’s Kitchen Date & Tamarind Chutney, then stuff with 3-4 slices of camembert cheese.
- Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a large frypan. Add the chicken breasts and sear for a few minutes per side until brown. When flipping, baste with another coat of chutney to your liking.
- Transfer seared chicken to a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile heat remaining oil and stir fry asparagus spears and cherry tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Rest the chicken for a few minutes, then serve with cooked asparagus and cherry tomatoes and a side of chutney to dip.
Did you know?
This tangy Date & Tamarind Chutney is a beautifully balanced mix of deliciously sweet, spicy and tangy flavours. This is fantastic as a dipping sauce with samosas, curry puffs, vegetable pakoras, bajias and pappadums. It also pairs well with brie, camembert or blue cheese. It makes a perfect drizzle or brush-over for roast or grilled vegetables and meats. It’s also Coeliac Endorsed, dairy free, nut free and vegan.