Indonesian Spicy Fried Chicken (Ayam Bumbu)
This simplified recipe for Indonesia’s beloved spicy fried chicken will fill your kitchen with the mouth-watering aromas of Indonesian spices.
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 90 g Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste (½ jar)
- 600 g maryland chicken (3-4 pieces)
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- Serve with cooked white rice and sambal
- Baste chicken with lime juice and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat corn oil in large frying pan and add Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste. Mix with the oil and fry for one minute until spices are fragrant.
- Add maryland pieces top down first so spices fry into the skin for a minute or two. Add coconut milk, once it comes to the boil, set on low to medium heat and cook for approximately 1 hour until the liquid evaporates, turning and basting the chicken every 5 − 10 minutes.
- Serve with cooked white rice and sambal.
Did you know?
Latasha’s Kitchen Indonesian Turmeric Kari Paste was a Silver Medal Winner at the 2017 Australian Food Awards (AFA).
Read about the other 11 category winning products from Latasha’s Kitchen. Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce won gold in it’s category while Vindaloo and Biriyani Curry Pastes both won silver medals. Then Red Chilli Onion Relish, Madras, Rogan Josh, Tikka, Coriander, Malaysian Satay, Rendang Terlagi Lagi and Thai Massaman Curry Pastes all won bronze medals.