Jalapeno Onion Relish with Flat Rice Noodles
- 400g sliced pork belly strips
- Pork skin fried into crispy croutons
- 400 g fresh flat rice noodles bought in a Vietnamese store
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 3 green chillies sliced
- 1 large carrot cut into strips
- A bowl of bean sprouts
- Bunch of chopped Asian greens
- Some white pepper
- Gluten free fish sauce
- Gluten free soya sauce
- Chinese sesame oil
- Sea salt
- ⅔ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Jalapeno Chilli Relish
Note: be careful when you fry the pork skin – it will spit in all directions and hurt you badly if you’re not careful. Make sure the skin strips are dry and the oil is hot and have a wok lid ready to avoid the furious spits. Keep croutons aside for garnish.
- Fresh flat noodles ‘charred’ in a hot work with flavoured oil from fried pork skin.
- Fry the minced garlic in some oil, fresh pork slices and sliced green chillies.
- Next add the carrot strips and cook on high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add the Latasha’s Kitchen Jalapeno Chilli Relish, gluten free fish and soya sauce to taste, some white pepper and sea salt.
- Add stems of the greens first followed by the chopped leaves after a minute or so.
- Stir through charred noodles and mix well.
- Serve with pork croutons.