Quick & Easy Hommus Platter With Red Chilli Onion Relish (Video)
Make this easy dip platter in a flash for entertaining your guests.
Our Red Chilli Onion Relish with its sticky spicy tones of slow cooked caramelised onions, fresh red chillies and sweet red capsicums is a multi-award winner made to impress. This relish has a lovely velvet feel with a crunchy texture. Sweet yet with a lingering spicy finish. Perfect used with hommus, mayonnaise, Philadelphia cream cheese, goats cheese, labneh or sour cream. Stun your guests with this simple starter!
Ingredients (Serves 4-6)
- 1 x 220 g tub Obelia or Yumi’s brand gf plain hommus
- 1½ tbsp heaped Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- Drizzle of Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- ½ tin chickpeas, drained, and quickly rinsed in boiling water then coated with a pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander or parsley
- Light sprinkle of sweet paprika
- Assortment of vegetables such as carrot, cucumber, fennel, various coloured capsicum and celery sticks.
- Corn tortillas, crackers
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Spread the whole tub of hommus onto the middle of a fairly large serving platter.
- Pile a heaped tablespoon and half of Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish in the middle of the hommus.
- Scatter whole chickpeas all around the hommus.
- Drizzle chilli oil over the platter.
- Toss a few pine nuts over platter, then scatter chopped coriander or parsley and sprinkle some sweet paprika all over the hommus.
- Arrange veggie sticks and crackers around the platter.
- Serve, and top up as required!
- You can combine Evoo and Chilli Oil for an added flavour boost!
- Or even a sprinkle of your favourite dukkah
- Some fans are already adding this combination as a filler to their pita bread and Turkish gozleme.