Layered Cheese Torta with Orange Chimichurri (Video)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 x 250 g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 round of Boursin cheese
- ½ jar of Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeno Relish
- ½ cup or more of candied orange and lemon peel (preferably infused first with a combination of fresh thyme and LK Caramelised ACV
- 3-4 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar for drizzling
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary or thyme
- White corn tortilla crackers for serving
$19.90View / Buy Now
- Place sour cream, cream cheese and Boursin cheese in a food processor. Blend until evenly mixed.
- With a non-stick spray, coat the insides of a small jelly or cheese mould.
- Starting with the cheese mixture place a layer of cheese about 2-3 cm thick on the bottom and all around the sides of the mould.
- Then add a thick layer of Orange Chimichurri. Top with the cheese mixture until all are used.
- Refrigerate for at least 6-6 hours or overnight.
- When time to serve, invert mould and place cheese on plate. Sprinkle with thyme and mixed orange and lemon peel over the top.
- Drizzle over Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar. Garnish all around cheese with rosemary and thyme.
- Serve with tortilla corn crackers and fruit.
- You can do a couple of alternate layers of cheese and chimichurri until all the ingredients are used up.
- I usually prefer to infuse the orange and lemon peel in some of the Caramelised Apple Cider and fresh thyme for 30 minutes before piling on top of the torta.
- Occasionally I add a drizzle of Grand Marnier over the fruit which allows for a dramatic glamour of flambé when serving.