Quick & Easy Buttery Spicy Satay Chicken
Use my new buttery spicy satay simmer sauce to make this deliciously easy satay chicken.
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 cup onions, quartered into wedges
- 1 kg chicken thighs, diced
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 480 g jar Latasha’s Kitchen Buttery Spicy Satay Simmer Sauce
- 250 ml water or Ayam Coconut Milk
- Salt to taste
- Handful of snow peas, sugar snap peas, green beans, asparagus or broccolini
- Honey, grated palm sugar or brown sugar to taste
- Serve with rice, cucumber and steamed vegetables
- In a hot pan, add the oil and quartered onion wedges. Cook for 3 minutes before adding the chicken, turmeric and a pinch of salt. Brown the chicken for 10 minutes at medium heat.
- Lower heat and add all the Latasha’s Kitchen Buttery Spicy Satay Simmer Sauce. Rinse empty jar with 250 ml water or coconut milk and add to the pan. Bring to a quick boil then simmer for 20 minutes on low until the chicken is cooked and the sauce is reduced and thick.
- Throw in the snow peas, sugar snap peas, green beans, asparagus or brocollini. Add honey, grated palm sugar or brown sugar to taste.
- Serve with rice, cucumber and steamed vegetables.
Alternatively marinade 2 kg boneless chicken thigh pieces (skin off) with a combination of 1 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Paste and 200 ml Ayam brand coconut cream, 1 tsp salt and 2 tbs. grated palm sugar or 30 mL coconut nectar. Grill in your weber bbq or oven grill for 40 minutes until cooked through. Serve with rice and salad or toss through a stir fry.