Oysters Four Ways
Tantalise your taste buds with four simple recipes that will change the way you prepare oysters in your kitchen at home. Using delicious Latasha’s Kitchen products to add some spice, flavour and passion to the plate.
2 dozen natural (raw) oysters, shucked or unopened if you wish to shuck them yourself
Apple Cider & Ginger Vinaigrette
1 tbsp EVOO
1 tbsp fresh ginger juice or purchase a bottled option
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp finely minced fresh ginger
2 tsp lemon juice
Dill tips and lime wedges for garnishing platter.
Zingy Tomato, Lime & Chilli Oil
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Zingy Tomato Chutney
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider
2 tsp fresh minced lime peel
Fresh lime wedges, cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes for garnishing platter.
Coriander, Jalapeño & Pink Grapefruit Sauce
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Jalapeño Onion Relish
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp minced fresh dill
1 segment pink grapefruit, chopped
2 segments pink grapefruit, chopped to garnish oysters, coriander leaves and fresh sliced red chilli.
Creamy Chimichurri, Fennel & Panko Topping
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp finely minced fresh fennel
1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri Sauce
1 tbsp finely minced fresh red chillies
3 tbsp fresh pouring cream
- For all oysters, be careful to keep all the natural liquid present within the oysters.
- Serve 6 oysters on a bed of ice with lemon or lime wedges and recommended garnish.
- For Apple Cider & Ginger Vinaigrette style, mix up all the ingredients in a little bowl, then dribble over oysters. Garnish with fresh dill and lime wedges.
- For Zingy Tomato, Lime & Chilli Oil version, blend all the ingredients in a small bowl and then spoon generously over each oyster. Garnish platter with fresh lime wedges, cherry tomatoes and chilli flakes.
- For Coriander, Jalapeño & Pink Grapefruit Sauce option, combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, beat with a fork until thick, then dollop over each oyster. Garnish each oyster with more chopped pink grapefruit. Garnish platter with fresh coriander, lime wedges and red chillies slices.
- For Creamy Chimichurri, Fennel & Panko topping, whip together all the ingredients until thick and creamy. Spoon over oysters then place under a hot grill – watch very carefully, don’t walk away, grill just for a few seconds until the top of oysters are nice and golden brown. Serve oysters plated on a scrunched up foil.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.