Prawns and Red Capsicum Curry
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste
- 100ml water
- 750g green prawns, cleaned and deveined, with heads left on
- 400ml can of coconut cream
- 7 stalks spring onions, sliced diagonally – reserve some for garnishing
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Spring onions
- In a wok, add sunflower oil and heat until hot. Add 1/2 jar Latasha’s Kitchen Concentrate Homestyle Curry Paste and fry on gentle heat for a few minutes. Then add 100ml water and bring to a simmer for at least 5 minutes or slightly longer.
- Next add coconut cream and bring to a rolling simmer for another 5 minutes until oil floats to the top. Add lemon juice and palm sugar. Gently mix in the capsicum, tomatoes, most of the spring onions and all the prawns and reduce the sauce to a thick consistency by turning the heat up to high.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Garnish with the balance of spring onions and some lemon wedges.
P.S. To make it less hot add 1 minced onion and fry off gently in oil at the very beginning and only add 1/4 jar of Curry Paste. Add in a few more diced fresh tomatoes or even a whole can of baby roma or cherry tomatoes.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.