Chicken Vindaloo in Yoghurt Sauce (video)
You can make a variety of delicious vindaloo recipes using Latasha’s Kitchen Concentrate Paste. This video shows how to turn our concentrate vindaloo paste into a creamy vindaloo sauce.
You can opt to make vindaloo using the traditional method with just coconut vinegar, plain white vinegar or even cider vinegar. You can also get creative by adding coconut milk, coconut cream or a natural yoghurt to the paste to turn it into a delicious and milder sauce like the recipe in the video.
Please note that 180g concentrate makes 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4 people.
500 g diced chicken – thighs, tenderloins or breast
4 tbsp Mustard oil
¼ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Vindaloo Paste
Curry leaves from 3 sprigs
4-5 tbsp full fat natural pot set yoghurt lightly whipped with a fork
1/4 cup white vinegar
Salt to taste
2 tsp jaggery, palm sugar or brown sugar
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp black mustard seeds
A few curry leaves
3 shallots, sliced
Sliced fresh red chillies, optional
- Heat a heavy pan with mustard oil until smoky. Add ¼ jar paste, and curry leaves from 2 sprigs and gently fry until aromatic.
- Next add 4-5 tbsp tablespoons full fat natural pot set yoghurt, a little at a time so it doesn’t curdle and mix well on very low heat.
- Then add 500g diced chicken to the pan with pinch of salt. Combine meat with the paste, stir for 10 minutes until the meat is well coated.
- Add ¼ cup vinegar and salt to taste.
- Bring to a slow boil then simmer, covered, until tender approx. 20 minutes
- Add 2tsp grated jaggery or palm sugar to taste.
- Reduce the gravy to a thick consistency.
- Fry a tsp of mustard seeds, a few more curry leaves and some sliced shallots in hot ghee. Garnish chicken vindaloo with fried curry leaves, shallots and drizzle with the hot ghee. Add cut fresh red chillies for a fiery flavour.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.