Roast Beef Rump with Green Chimichurri Sauce/Marinade
- 1 kg Grass Fed Beef Rump
- 1 vine of truss cherry tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato scrubbed, and cut into 4 chunks
- 2 sweet corns, husked cut into 3 chunks each
- 1 red onion, quartered
- Olive oil for roasting vegetables
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Green Chimichurri Sauce/Marinade
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Few teaspoons of Tabasco or Peri Peri Sauce (optional)
- Prepare chimichurri sauce by blitzing it with olive oil until you have a slightly runny paste.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels. Place beef in a deep dish and massage half the chimichurri all over the meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least six hours preferably overnight.
- An hour before cooking remove beef from fridge and allow to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced for at least 20 minutes. Roast beef for 30 minutes. Turn meat over over and baste with the marinade, then turn the temperature down to 160°C/140°C fan-forced.
- Place the tomatoes, onion, sweet potato and corn chunks on a baking tray. Sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper, and place in the oven after 30 minutes. Continue to cook meat and vegetables for 1.5 hours, basting beef every 30 minutes. Remove meat from oven and allow to rest, covered with aluminium foil, for approx. 10 minutes.
- Carve the beef, and serve with the roasted vegetables.
- Mix the remaining balance of the chimicurri sauce with a few teaspoons of Tabasco or peri peri sauce.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.