MASALA PRAWNS WITH PEPPERS
Masala Prawns with Peppers – made with large king prawns stir-fried in a ready to eat simmer sauce, from Latasha’s Kitchen. The prawn tail gives the dish character along with the use of the colourful peppers.
Ingredients − Serves 4 to 5 as part of a shared meal
- 800 g large king prawns, shelled, de-veined, tail-intact
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2-3 hot dry chilli peppers
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced, seeds removed
- 1 red, 1 green and 1 yellow capsicum, cut into small chunky wedges
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coriander, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ Jar Latasha’s Kitchen Tikka Simmer Sauce
$12.90 – $40.00View / Buy Now
- Mix prawns, garlic, ginger and salt. Allow to marinate 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan, add onions and sauté about 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add hot chilli peppers and sauté about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Next add prawns and sauté until prawns start to turn pinkish white. It will take about 3 minutes.
- Then add tomatoes and capsicums and fry for another minute or so on high.
- Pour in Latasha’s Kitchen Tikka Masala Simmer Sauce. Sauté for another couple of minutes on high, sprinkling with a little splash of water if needed.
- Stir in the lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve as apart of a shared meal with other dishes like pilaf rice, dahl and raita.