EASY THAI STYLE SATAY CHICKEN
Easy Thai Style Satay Chicken. A simple recipe to master, with a special ingredient that is flavourful and aromatic boosting the chicken marinade.
Chicken thighs on the bone are marinated in a beautiful sauce FULL of spicy Thai flavours; then seared in the marinade for extra caramelisation. Don’t skip this step and try to rush the process as it an essential part of the recipe.
What makes this marinade extra special is using our Thai Red Curry Paste and finishing it off in our Malaysian Satay Simmer Sauce.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 4 tbsp coconut milk (from a 400 ml tin) preferably Aroy D, Chaokoh or Savoy brands
- 2 tbsp Pic’s smooth peanut paste
- 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Concentrate Curry Paste
- 1 tbsp gf soya sauce − Chef’s Choice
- 1 tbsp gf fish Sauce − Chef’s Choice
- Pinch of salt
- 6 skin on or off chicken thighs, bone-in or out according to preference
- 2 tbsp oil for frying
- 350 g jar Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Simmer Sauce
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Lime wedges to garnish
- Red chillies, sliced to garnish
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Mix together the coconut milk, peanut paste, brown sugar, Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Concentrate Curry Paste, sauces and salt in a large, shallow bowl until well combined and creamy. Add in the chicken, turning to coat completely with the marinade. Allow to marinate for at least half an hour or more in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Heat oil in an oven-proof pan or deep skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the chicken until browned on each side and fragrant (about 8 minutes each side).
- Transfer to the oven and continue cooking for a further 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through (juices run clear and no longer pink inside).
- While the chicken is in the oven, pour Latasha’s Kitchen Malaysian Satay Simmer Sauce into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer gently until thickened (about 5-6 minutes). Take off heat and stir in the lime juice.
- Add the chicken into the sauce and allow to sit for 5 minutes to allow the flavour to infuse.
- Serve garnished with coriander leaves, lime wedges and red chillies.