LEMON CORIANDER CHICKEN CURRY
This is yet another of those low effort but high reward recipes. Following on from our Coriander, Lime and Mint Chicken Curry this version of my Lemon Coriander Chicken is sinfully simple. You gotta love fresh coriander for this recipe. I just adore the simplicity of combining two different but equally rich flavours from my staple of bottled jars and offering you a flavour-packed result in a short time.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 80 ml water
- 3 green chillies, crushed (bird’s eye’s are perfect for those who like their dishes with an extra kick)
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 5 cm cinnamon bark
- 2 cups tightly packed chopped fresh coriander with stems
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- Cumin seeds, toasted
$15.90View / Buy Now
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with 1 teaspoon turmeric powder and a pinch of salt for 30 minutes.
- In a deep saucepan, add 2 tablespoons oil and brown the marinated drumsticks in batches, until they are nice and golden in colour all over. Remove chicken and keep aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. When hot add Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste and 80 ml water then cook gently on low heat until a thickish paste forms.
- Next add the green chillies, Kashmiri chilli powder, balance of turmeric powder, cumin powder and the cinnamon bark. Cook until the chillies change colour and mix well into the paste.
- Then add the chopped fresh coriander, Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce, lemon zest, lemon juice and 1 cup water. When everything is well combined add in the browned chicken, sprinkle with salt and let the chicken simmer, covered with a lid on very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice, chappatis and a bowl of steamed zucchini, carrots and yellow squash. Lightly drizzle with Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil and sprinkle with toasted cumin seeds.