Turmeric Fish and Potato Stew
Turmeric Fish and Potato Stew. Any weather works for this warm and mildly spiced any-day-of-the week one pot meal. A super speedy curry packed full of flavour and nourishing ingredients. Guaranteed to keep you warm and toasty from the inside.
Ingredients − Serves 2
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- Curry leaves from 2 sprigs
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 cups coconut milk or use half coconut milk and half coconut cream
- 400 g potatoes, parboiled and diced
- 400 g piece of white fish, diced
- 70 g green beans
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 3 cm lengths
- Small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 long red chillies, split and sliced (optional)
- Basmati rice (to serve)
$13.90 – $25.00View / Buy Now
- Sauté mustard seeds and curry leaves over medium heat until seeds start to pop and are aromatic. Add onion, pinch of salt and cook on low for 8 minutes until translucent and just starting to brown. Add the ginger, garlic and Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic blend, and cook, stirring gently for 3 minutes
- Slowly stir in the coconut milk, scraping up the spices and onion from the bottom of the saucepan. Bring the pan to a gentle simmer.
- Add the fish, parboiled potatoes, green beans and broccolini, a pinch of salt and gently cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the fish and beans are cooked. Serve over rice with a sprinkle of fresh coriander, fresh chillies and lime.
- Parboil the potatoes with skin on for about 30 minutes. Cool, peel then dice.
- I normally favour Royal Blue or Dutch Cream potatoes for my curries.
- If you prefer a richer sauce, swap the coconut milk for coconut cream or use half and half. Use a good brand like Ayam where 99% of the content is coconut.
- Use any firm white fish that you prefer. I usually go for pink or red snapper, king fish, swordfish, Spanish mackerel or cod.
- Don’t over salt the dish, as the fish is already quite salty and the Turmeric Spice Magic blend contains salt.