Quick & Easy Butter Chicken
This butter chicken is easy with my butter chicken sauce concentrate. Mmm, buttery chicken!
Please note that 180 g concentrate makes 2 kg protein for 12 meals. There are 6 tablespoons in every jar and one tablespoon feeds two people. The recipe below is for 4-6 people.
- Marinate 1 kg diced chicken thighs or tenderloins with 1 tbsp sweet (not smoked) paprika, salt, 1 tbsp each almond meal and yoghurt for 10 minutes.
- Roast chicken for ½ hr in a hot preheated oven set at 180˚C.
- In a deep pot heat 3 tbsp ghee, ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Butter Chicken Sauce (3 tablespoons), 1 tbsp of sweet paprika, 3 diced tomatoes or half a tin and ½ cup water.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thick then add roasted chicken, some ground dried methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) and all juices into sauce, simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Whip 200 ml natural yoghurt, 100 ml fresh cream and juice of 1 lemon.
- Stir into this whipped mixture a portion of the chicken and sauce (prevents curdling) then pour the entire contents of the bowl back into the pot, mix well.
- Serve with chopped coriander and green chillies, and a sprinkle of almond meal. Sprinkle some methi (ground fenugreek leaf) and Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala if you want a fragrant aromatic dish.
This can be further cooled with yogurt, fresh cream, sour cream, buttermilk or coconut cream. For a less creamy sauce, make a nutty, tangy, herb based tomato sauce by blending fresh lemon juice, fresh coriander and mint leaves, fresh tomatoes and with almond or cashew meal. For a spicy sauce add cayenne powder, minced green chillies or bird’s eye chillies. For a sweeter flavour, add in 1 tbsp grated jaggery (Indian palm sugar) or honey.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.