More ideas for Latasha’s Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce
This Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce is ready to eat straight out of the jar or suitable for use in a a variety of baking and creative dessert making.
Fantastic folded through a standard pavlova recipe to turn it to a Chocolate Pavlova. Just ⅓ of the jar will suffice.
- Make a topping for it by using a can of sour cherries with most of the liquid and heating it up until you get a thick syrupy reduction.
- Use some corn flour to thicken and set the sauce. Leave to cool.
- Whip some fresh cream and pile it over the pavlova.
- Spoon the cooled cherry reduction sauce over the top of the pavlova.
- Decorate with chocolate flakes or mint chocolate leaves.
A visually stunning chocolate pavlova for a statement dessert.
Recipes using Cherry Chocolate Sauce
- Use as a dip for fresh fruit kebabs – banana, kiwi, strawberry, apple and pear
- Makes the perfect warm addition with any kind of ice cream like chocolate, vanilla, coconut, fruit and served with Tuckers dessert crackers
- Drizzle over pancakes folded with cream
- Serve with meringues, pavlovas and sponge pudding
- Serve warm with scones, toast, profiteroles
Decorate cheesecakes, mini cupcakes and little fruit tarts
- Drizzle over dessert plates
- Drizzle over a tropical fruit salad
- Drizzle over biscuits, cakes and slices
- Fold through crème fraiche and use for filling a tart base, decorate with cherries
Flavour: Intense burst of sweetness and tanginess combined with an overall strong chocolate presence.