LAMB TANDOORI BURGERS
Our Tandoori Sauce/Marinade is a highly-seasoned classic East Indian-style marinade used to give food the authentic flavour of tandoor spices. It’s so handy and versatile, you should always keep some in your pantry. Use it to make the patties for these gorgeous Lamb Tandoori Burgers and many other tasty meals.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped or minced
- 500 g lamb mince, preferably shoulder and leg mince
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade
- 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced lengthways
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup full fat natural yoghurt, whipped
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
4 bread rolls, split
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Heat a fry pan on medium with oil. Add minced onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until soft. Then add 1 level tablespoon Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade, and cook for another 3-4 minutes on low. Cool mixture slightly. Combine cooled onion tandoori mix with lamb mince, chopped coriander and mint in a bowl. Season with pepper.
- With wet hands, shape and divide mince mixture into four even portions. Shape each portion into a 12 cm patty. Place on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to rest.
- Next place a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the patties and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, red onion and lemon juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine yogurt and Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce in a small bowl.
- Drain cucumber salad. Add baby spinach leaves and toss to combine. Place patties on bread roll halves; top with cucumber mixture and a dollop of yoghurt coriander mixture. Top with bread roll halves. Serve immediately.
TIPS: Instead of burgers, make this recipe into Lamb Tandoori Meatballs and serve with the yoghurt coriander mix as a dipping sauce.