An inviting egg curry that is loved by all at home. There are numerous versions of egg curry but egg korma with its unique combination of spices is hearty and comforting. A great side with biryani or pilau rice.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 3 tbsp coconut, rice bran or sunflower oil
- 8 boiled free range eggs, peeled, make slits around the sides
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger paste
- 2 tsp fresh garlic paste
- 8-10 fresh mint leaves, shredded
- Curry leaves from 2 sprigs, finely shredded
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp fennel powder
- 1 large or 2 small ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, minced
- Salt to taste
- 2½ cups water
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnish
Dry toast for 3-4 minutes and grind to a paste:
- 1 tsp fennel
- 1 tsp khus khus (white poppy seeds)
- ¼ tsp white pepper corns
- 2.5 cm cinnamon
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 5 tbsp grated fresh coconut
- 8 cashew nuts
$18.90 – $113.40View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the onions and fry till nicely caramelised.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, mint leaves and saute for 3 minutes.
- Mix in the shredded curry leaves, red chilli, turmeric, coriander and fennel powders and some salt. Add chopped tomatoes and green chillies and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now mix in the toasted ground paste, ½ cup water and cook for 5 minutes, stirring and making sure it doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Add the boiled eggs, stir gently to combine and cook uncovered for 5 minutes on low heat. Next add the remaining 2 cups of water and cook with the lid on, simmering for approximately 15 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve with biryani, pilau or coconut rice.
TIP: Make this curry super fast by adding after Step 1, ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste and 3 fresh tomatoes, finely diced. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat then add 1 cup water and cook for a further 10 minutes on low heat. Then add boiled eggs, 200 ml coconut cream and bring to a quick boil then turn off the heat. Allow to rest for an hour. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime juice before serving.
Click here to learn more about using concentrated Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste.