CHERRY CHOCOLATE BLACK FOREST CAKE
This delicious Cherry Chocolate Black Forest Cake is easy to make with Latasha’s Kitchen gold medal winning Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce. The perfect treat for Mothers’ Day and other special celebrations.
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1½ cups caster sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 60 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 340 g jar Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce
- Whipped cream for piping
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C. Grease and line a springform baking tray.
- Place butter, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, chocolate and 1 cup (250 ml) water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, stirring until melted and combined. Set aside to cool completely.
TIP: Make sure chocolate mixture is completely cooled otherwise you will scramble your eggs when mixing them in.
- Break eggs into separate bowl, and gently add to chocolate mixture.
- Fold in flour in three batches.
- Pour mixture into pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- When completely cool, cut horizontally through the centre of the cake to make two layers.
- Spread half jar Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce on the bottom layer, then cover with the top layer of cake
- Top cake with remaining Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce. It may drip over the side.
- Pipe cream around the edge.
TIP: To make the Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce easier to spread, submerge the jar in hot boiling water before using in the recipe.
Click here to read all about Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce, a Gold Medal Winner in the 2017 Australian Food Awards.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.