CHERRY CHOCOLATE BAKED MASCARPONE CHEESECAKE
This delicious Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake is easy to make with Latasha’s Kitchen gold medal winning Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce. The perfect treat for Mothers’ Day and other special celebrations.
- 20 scotch finger biscuits (crushed)
- 100 g butter (melted)
- 500 g cream cheese (softened)
- 250 g mascarpone cheese (softened)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 x 340 g jar Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce.
TIP: To help the Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce swirl or drizzle, submerge the jar in hot boiling water before using in the recipe.
- Put oven rack in middle position and pre-heat oven to 180°C. Butter bottom and side of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- Stir together crushed scotch finger biscuits and butter in a bowl, then pat onto bottom of spring form pan. Put pan in a shallow baking pan and bake until golden, about 10 minutes. Cool completely on a rack, about 25 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Beat cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium high speed until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Break eggs into bowl and beat quickly with fork, then fold 1 egg at a time into mix, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, lemon juice, and salt and mix at low speed until combined.
From here you have two options …
Option one: pour the entire cream cheese mix into your spring form pan on top of the baked base. Bake for 30 minutes or until sides are puffed up but middle still wobbles when gently shaken. Allow to cool for 45 minutes. Top generously with Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce.
Option two: pour ⅓ of cream cheese mix on top of the baked base, then spoon in ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce and swirl with your knife. Repeat once more, then top with remaining cream cheese mix. Bake for 30 minutes or until sides are puffed up but middle still wobbles when gently shaken. Allow to cool for 45 minutes. Top generously with remaining Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce.
Click here to read all about Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce, a Gold Medal Winner in the 2017 Australian Food Awards.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.