The Sugar Free Sisters spent a night in the kitchen crafting this aromatic and colourful Chicken Biriyani with Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste and Chilli Oil. An easy to prepare, healthy mid-week meal to enjoy with family or guests.
- 90 g Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste (½ jar)
- 1 kg organic free-range chicken breasts
- 1 whole pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 chilli
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 3 garlic cloves
- Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml can coconut milk
- Rice or Cauliflower Rice
- Dice pumpkin and roast with chilli oil, garlic cloves and onion in the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes.
- In a pot, add Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil and whole chicken breasts. Cook outside until golden on both sides and then cover and turn down the heat.
- Chop chicken into cubes or chunks, return to pot.
- Finely chop coriander stalks and add to pot along with Latasha’s Kitchen Biriyani Masala Paste.
- Add chicken stock, roast pumpkin, garlic and onion and allow to simmer.
- Turn the temperature down before adding coconut milk. Simmer on a low heat until reduced and it’s ready to serve.
Best served with cauliflower rice, fresh coriander, lime and chilli.