Ideas for Latasha’s Date & Tamarind Chutney
Latasha’s Kitchen Date & Tamarind Chutney is a beautifully balanced mix of deliciously sweet, spicy and tangy flavours. Use it liberally and with creative imagination.
- Drizzle liberally over roast or grilled vegetables.
- Serve on a cheese platter with soft cheeses including Brie, blue, Boursin or goat’s cheese.
- Baste chicken fillets or thigh cutlets, koftas, veggie kebabs, fish or crab cakes before grilling then serve as a relish on the side.
- As a dipping sauce for mixed fruit kebabs.
- Baste lamb cutlets while grilling.
- Use it over pan fried, baked or grilled meatballs served on cucumber slices.
- Mix with yoghurt to make a dip and serve with fresh crisp vegetables and crackers.
- Add 1-2 tbsp to casseroles to liven up and add depth to the flavour.
- Use at Christmas time on festive platters of bbq or roast turkey, pork, ham or duck.
- Marinate chicken wings and make sticky date chicken wings.
- Drizzle over sliced cucumber and tomatoes.
- It is the perfect accompaniment to Biriyani, Coriander and Korma Curries.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.