Homestyle Seafood Keralan Coconut Fish
Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste makes a tangy tamarind flavoured sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 800 g fish cutlets or fillets – pink snapper, red emperor, barramundi, cod, kingfish cutlets, swordfish
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds, softened in warm water
- 2 sprigs curry leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste
- ½ cup of water or more
- Salt to taste
- 1 tomato, 1 green and 1 red chilli, slit lengthways
- 2 cups of light coconut milk (may be diluted from coconut cream or coconut milk)
- Optional vegetables 2 pieces okra, 1 small long eggplant – add a few pieces of each of these vegetables
- Fresh coriander or curry leaves, lemon juice
- Coat fish pieces with mixture of salt and turmeric powder and leave aside for about a half hour in the fridge. Pan fry fish until just cooked.
- Heat oil in wok or saucepan, when oil is fairly hot, toss in mustard seeds to splutter and crack open, add curry leaves and sliced tomatoes.
- Lower heat to medium, add Latasha’s Kitchen Homestyle Seafood Curry Paste and stir continually on gentle heat for 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup water followed by the sliced fresh green and red chillies. Cook for a further 5 minutes before adding optional vegetables along with the coconut milk. Bring all to boil, then simmer until vegies are cooked.
- Add pan fried or just fresh fish pieces and simmer for a couple of minutes until the oil appears at the top of the curry.
- Add lemon juice. Garnish with fresh coriander or curry leaves and serve.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.