Chilli Oil Glazed Salmon with ACV
Juicy salmon steaks are marinated in an aromatic chilli and sesame oil infused marinade with whole garlic cloves. Then grilled and finished with a sticky glaze and served with steamed, boiled and stir-fried veggies.
Ingredients − Serves 4 to 6
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 6 smashed garlic cloves with skin on
- 1 cup Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 1 tbsp gf soya sauce
- 7 x 200 g salmon steaks (skin on or off)
- 1 tbsp mixed white and black sesame seeds
- 12 kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- Pinch of salt
- Dollop of butter
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
- Couple of bunches of broccolini
- Couple of handfuls of green beans
- 1 tbsp ghee
$15.90View / Buy Now
- Heat sesame oil in a small pan until fairly hot.
- Add smashed garlic and fry for 3 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from heat and add Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil and gf soya sauce. Allow to cool and let flavours combine.
- Then add salmon steaks, skin side up if that’s what you’re using. This helps keep the skin crispy.
- Marinate salmon fillets in this mixture for 1 hour, turning mid-way if it’s skinless salmon for even penetration of the marinade.
- Toast white and black sesame seeds in a clean, dry skillet for 30 to 45 seconds on medium heat, move rapidly to avoid burning. Set aside.
- Add kipfler potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Season water with a good pinch of salt and place over a medium-high heat and bring to the boil. Cook potatoes for approximately 20 minutes until nearly tender. Drain, then drop in a dollop of butter and keep aside.
- Preheat a grill pan.
- Remove salmon from the marinade and grill over medium flame for about 8 minutes each side, or until cooked to desired doneness.
- While the salmon is cooking prepare the glaze. Mix Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar into the balance of the chilli oil marinade and heat gently in a small saucepan to infuse the flavours. Then reduce to a thick syrupy glaze, which takes between 10-15 minutes. Set aside and keep warm.
- Steam or blanch the broccolini, keep warm.
- Prepare the green beans. Then heat ghee in pan, and stir-fry the beans until semi-cooked, about 3-4 minutes. Toss well in pan to coat with the ghee.
- Brush the glaze liberally all over the cooked salmon and serve immediately with broccolini, potatoes and beans sprinkled with the toasted sesame seeds.
NOTE: this dish is served with all the elements hot.