Cherry Chocolate Pavlova with Cherry Choc Cream
You must try this beautiful Cherry Chocolate Pavlova filled with gorgeous Cherry Choc Cream created by my friend Maria Narayanan. Top it with fresh strawberries, chocolate curls and a fine dusting of icing sugar.
- 240 g egg whites (4-5 eggs)
- 200 g fine or castor sugar
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce
Filling & topping
- 600 ml whipping cream
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce
- 1 small punnet fresh strawberries, washed and cut in half, length ways.
- Approximately ½ cup chocolate curls or flakes
- Icing sugar for dusting
$15.90View / Buy Now
- Pre-heat oven to 200˚C. Do not use fan-forced.
- Prepare a baking tray by brushing with a little vegetable oil before lining with baking paper. Mark out two x 150 mm circles on the paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites on medium setting until soft peaks form. With the mixer still running, add all the sugar and beat for a minute on full speed, until the mixture becomes thick and glossy, and the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Turn the mixer to slow, add the vinegar and mix for few seconds then remove the bowl from the mixer.
- Sprinkle over the cornflour and 3 tablespoons Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce. Using a clean spatula, gently fold the mixture together – no more than six folds.
- Spoon the mixture onto the two circles on the prepared tray and mould to shape.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven and immediately turn the temperature down to 120˚C. (Do not use fan-forced.)
- Bake for 80 minutes. Do not open the oven door while baking. The crust should be firm while the inside will be soft like marshmallow.
- Leave the pavlovas in the oven to cool. Pavlovas can be cooked a few days ahead and stored in an air tight container at room temperature. Don’t refrigerate them.
- Pour cold cream into a mixing bowl and whip on medium speed for a few minutes until thick but still soft. Gently fold in 2 tablespoons Latasha’s Kitchen Cherry Chocolate Dessert Sauce.
- Place one pavlova on a serving plate and spread with half the cherry chocolate cream. Carefully add the other pavlova on top and spread with the remaining cherry chocolate cream. Scatter generously with the strawberries and sprinkle the chocolate curls in between.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.