Blonde Chicken Burger
Tender chicken fillets are left to marinate in a combination of buttermilk mixed with tandoori and tikka pastes and a good squeeze of lemon juice. This burger is bang on flavour. Serve it packed with salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber and onions rings. For an extra burst of flavour add the cooked marinade to the burger and a green coriander chutney sauce.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 chicken thigh fillets
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Tikka Masala Paste
- ½ lemon
- Butter, optional
- Burger buns of choice
- Cos lettuce leaves
- Tomato, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
TIP: If eating raw onions is not to your liking, marinate the thickly sliced onion rings with the chicken. Then bake the onion rings alongside the chicken and add them to the burger.
- Marinate chicken for several hours in Latasha’s Kitchen Tandoori Sauce/Marinade, Latasha’s Kitchen Tikka Masala Paste, buttermilk and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Cook in a pre-heated 180˚C oven, for about 45 minutes.
- To make the dressing, combine the yoghurt with Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce.
- Cut buns in half, butter them and spread mayonnaise on one side.
- Layer the lettuce, tomato and cucumber on top of the mayonnaise, before adding the chicken. For extra flavour, try spreading some cooked marinade inside the top of the buns.
- Serve with the yoghurt dressing, on the side.