Rendang osso buco burger
A delightful sticky, meaty moreish beef burger guaranteed to send your guests into raptures. One you can make with no hassles in a slow cooker.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 4 thick slices of osso buco beef
- ⅔ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste
- 400 ml Ayam brand coconut milk
- 200 ml water, rinse out the coconut milk tin for more flavour
- 1 tbsp palm sugar, crushed
- Raw red salad onions, sliced into thick rings
- Cos lettuce leaves
- 1 orange capsicum, cut into thick rings
- 4 poppy seed rolls
- Leftover reduced sauce
$13.90View / Buy Now
- Put oil in the base of the slow cooker. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Rendang Terlagi Lagi Paste and allow to heat for 8 minutes on medium. Place the osso buco pieces in the slow cooker and brown on all sides for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk and water, bring to a quick boil. Then transfer slow cooker to it’s base and cook on auto for 4 hours.
- Remove the osso buco from the slow cooker and keep warm. Next reduce the sauce on the stove to a thick consistency and add palm sugar.
- Assemble the burger by layering the lettuce, onion, capsicum and tomato on the bun before topping with some of the osso buco. Add a couple of spoonfuls of sauce over the meat.
- Serve with the marrow bones on the side.
- Osso buco can be served with rice and a side salad.
- If using veal osso buco reduce the cooking time to suit.
- To give the dish even more flavour, try adding a bruised lemongrass stalk to the oil before heating the rendang paste.
- If you would like the dish to be spicier, add a couple of birds eye chillies or fresh long red chillies.
- A couple of toasted and ground shredded coconut strips (frozen or dry) added at the end of the cooking time, will add extra texture and nuttiness to the rendang.