Turmeric Spiced Barramundi with Beetroot Horseradish Relish
Just before Easter, I saw a recipe for tandoori barramundi fillets with beetroot relish, which got me thinking. So on Good Friday I cooked Turmeric Spiced Barramundi with Beetroot Horseradish Relish. Simply delicious using Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic and Beetroot Horseradish Relish, both Australian made products. It was also well suited to our unusually hot Easter weather in 2020.
Ingredients − Serves 2
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic, or to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh Barramundi fillets (even thickness), skin off
- 2 heaped tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Beetroot Horseradish Relish
Spiced Yoghurt Dressing
- 3 tbsp full fat Greek style yoghurt
- Pinch Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic, or to taste
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Squeeze fresh lime juice
- Sea salt
$13.90 – $25.00View / Buy Now
- Combine Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic and enough oil to lightly brush on the fish.
- Trim the barramundi if needed and brush all over the outside with the spicy oil mixture from Step 1.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place barramundi in pan and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until the barramundi is browned and cooked through.
TIPS: Use a splatter guard over the frying pan. There’s no oil required in the non-stick pan, because the fish has the spicy oil mixture on it.
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together and season with salt.
- Serve the barramundi with a generous dollop of Latasha’s Kitchen Beetroot Horseradish Relish, potato wedges and a salad drizzled with the spiced yoghurt dressing and extra dressing on the side to enjoy with the fish.