Turmeric Snapper Curry with Greens
What a wonderful way to enjoy a flavourful turmeric snapper fish curry. This is such an easy dish to put together when you have our magical Turmeric Spice handy in your pantry.
Simply squeeze some lemon juice, sprinkle over coriander and store bought fried shallots and you have an incredible meal to feed 4, and perhaps even some left over lunch.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 large red or brown onion, finely minced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 30 g ginger (thumb size), finely grated
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4 sprigs of fresh curry leaves
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic blend
- 3 ripe Roma tomatoes, diced
- 400 ml Ayam coconut milk
- 2 tbsp tamarind purée, mixed with 400 ml warm water
- 200 ml Ayam coconut cream
- 800 gm skinned and boned snapper, cut into chunky pieces
- 400 gm green beans, halved
- 2-3 green chillies or red if preferred optional
- 1½ tbsp coconut sugar or grated palm sugar, to taste
- 1 tbsp Mega Chef gf fish sauce, to taste
- 2 tbsp Mega Chef gf soya sauce, to taste
- 1-2 tsp grated palm sugar, to taste
- Steamed rice to serve
- Fresh coriander or spring onions, chopped
- Store bought fried shallots
- Lemon wedges
$12.00View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or wok over high heat. Add bruised lemongrass and minced onion, cook to caramelise with a pinch of salt for roughly 10 minutes.
- Then add minced ginger, fry for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and caramelised then add garlic and curry leaves.
- Stir-fry until fragrant and all ingredient are soft and well combined. Next add Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic blend and stir continuously until fragrant for around 2 minutes. Then add diced tomatoes and cook until they start to break down, around 3-4 minutes.
- At this point pour in the coconut milk and tamarind water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer until well flavoured around 5 minutes.
- Add fish pieces, green beans and chillies then simmer until just cooked, approximately 5 minutes.
- At this point add in the coconut cream, coconut sugar, fish sauce and soya sauce and stir to combine.
- Remove pan from heat and add 1-2 tsp grated palm sugar.
- Serve with steamed rice, garnished with coriander or spring onions, fried shallots and lemon wedges.