Red Curry Pork Chipolatas
We are all about the sausages currently. Our Thai red, green or massaman curry pastes will all be sensational in this flavoursome recipe. I call it Red Curry Pork Chipolatas.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 star anise
- 12 pork chipolatas
- 1 small brown onion, halved and finely sliced or minced in a processor
- ¼ medium fennel bulb, finely sliced or minced in a processor
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste
- 400 mL can Ayam coconut milk
- 400 gm sweet potatoes (kumara), cut into chunks
- 1 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp Mega Chef gf soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mega Chef gf fish sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar or brown sugar
- Juice of ½ lime
- 200 gm green beans, trimmed, halved crosswise
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Store brought fried shallots
$17.90 – $105.00View / Pre-Order Now
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan with the star anise over moderate heat. Add chipolatas, cooking and turning for 5-8 minutes or until browned and cooked. Remove sausages from pan, cool then slice thickly on the diagonal.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Add onion and fennel, cooking and stirring for 10 minutes until soft and caramelised.
- Next add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Red Curry Paste with a sprinkle of water, cook and stir for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk, stock or water and sweet potatoes. Simmer covered, for 10-15 minutes or until sweet potatoes are just tender.
- Return sausages to pan, add soya and fish sauce, palm sugar and lime juice and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add green beans and cook for 2 more minutes until they are tender.
- Spoon into serving bowls, sprinkle with coriander and fried shallots and serve with steamed jasmine rice.