Tray Baked Thai Green Chicken Curry
Tray Baked Thai Green Chicken Curry – why not? Did you know you can make any chicken curry successfully in the oven? Easy to prepare and cooked in a baking tray. Just the right amount of spice, creamy rich coconut sauce – simply perfect for the whole family to dig in.
Our Thai Green Curry Paste is so popular with families as it’s bang on flavour and fragrant aromatics and all the goodness contained within the jar is proudly shown on the clean attached label.
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 2 tbsp oil, plus 2 tsp extra
- 4 chicken drumsticks on the bone, skin on
- 4 chicken thighs on the bone, with skin on
- Salt and ground white pepper
- 1 stalk lemongrass roughly bashed (optional)
- A few kaffir lime leaves,mid section removed, then rolled and finely shredded
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry Paste
- 50 ml water
- 1 tsp palm sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 400 ml coconut cream
- 400 ml water
- 2-3 Royal Blue potatoes parboiled whole, then quartered
- 1 large brown onion, sectioned into quarters
- 1 large carrot, quartered
- 175 g baby corn or mushrooms
- 150 g green beans
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 handful Thai basil, roughly torn
- 3 green or red birds eye chillies (optional for those who want it hotter)
- 2 tsp grated palm sugar
- 1 lime cut into wedges
$107.40View / Buy Now
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C .
- Parboil Royal Blue potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Grease a deep, stove top friendly oven baking tray with 2 teaspoons oil.
- Heat tray directly on stove first, then add the chicken, seasoning with salt and ground white pepper. Cook until chicken pieces are golden brown all over. Approximately 4 minutes on each side. Keep aside.
- In a deep saucepan, add 2 tablespoons oil with bashed lemongrass and shredded kaffir lime leaves. When aromatic add Latasha’s Kitchen Thai Green Curry Paste and 50 ml water. Heat gently for 5 minutes.
- Then add coconut cream and 400 ml water used to rinse out the can. Simmer gently for 10 minutes. Add lime juice, 1 teaspoon palm sugar and turn off the heat.
- Pour the sauce all over the chicken. Tuck the onions, potatoes and carrots in between the chicken. Cook for 30 minutes, covered with foil.
- Remove the foil and add baby corn and green beans. Increase the heat to 200°C and place the tray back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until everything is cooked and sauce is reduced.
- Garnish with coriander, Thai basil, green or red chillies, and grated palm sugar. Serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.