Spicy One Pot Chicken & Veggies with Caramelised ACV
Simple, spicy one pot chicken and veggie roast dinners can literally save the day. Try this recipe on a day when time isn’t kind and you have some of our staple ingredients handy in your pantry.
Ingredients − Serves 3 to 4
- 6 large chicken drumsticks with skin on
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 4 medium potatoes, quartered
- 400 g frozen veggies consisting of green beans, carrots, peas and corn
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- A few sprigs of fresh tarragon
- 4-5 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
- Chopped flat leaf parsley and coriander (optional garnish)
- Warm buttered dinner rolls
- Hot sauce of choice
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Marinate chicken drumsticks in a combination of olive oil, Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala and Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic. Meanwhile par boil the potatoes, cool, peel then cut into quarters.
- In a wide cast iron pan, heat unsalted butter and crushed garlic. Brown marinated chicken pieces in this combined garlic butter until lightly golden. Throw in the bay leaves, add potatoes and fry until potatoes are slightly crispy on the outside. Next add mixed frozen veggies and pour in the remaining oil and spice mix marinade. Mix well and turn off the heat. Cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a pre-heated fan forced oven set at 180˚C for 30 minutes. Take pan out of oven and drizzle all over with Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar. Add a sprinkle of crushed sea salt, black pepper and fresh tarragon. Place pan back into the oven without the foil. Continue cooking for approximately 10 more minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and coriander then serve with warm dinner rolls and hot sauce on the side.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.