Curried Chicken Pie
Add a touch of bite to your regular chicken pot pies with this delicious curried version. Invite friends around and serve these tasty curry chicken pies topped with golden crusts accompanied by a side salad. Any leftover pies freeze beautifully and can be popped straight into your oven for reheating.
Ingredients − Serves 6
- 1.6 kg whole chicken
- 90 g butter
- 150 g onions, chopped finely
- pinch of salt
- 300 g celery, trimmed, chopped finely
- 200 g leeks, chopped finely
- 200 g mushrooms, diced
- 1 green chilli, finely minced
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste (Concentrate)
- ¼ cup (35 g) plain flour
- ⅓ cup (80 g) sour cream
- ½ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 sheets Careme puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Place chicken in a large saucepan with enough water to just cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 1 hour. Remove pan from heat. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove it from the stock. Reserve 1¾ cups (430 ml) of the stock to use at step 5.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Remove skin and bones from chicken, coarsely chop chicken flesh.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan. Add onion, celery, leek, mushrooms, green chillies and cook, stirring until vegetables are soft.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste and cook, stirring until fragrant. Stir in flour. Add reserved stock, stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Then reduce heat, simmer for 1 minute and remove from heat. Stir in sour cream, chopped chicken and coriander. Spoon mixture into six 1¼ cup (310 ml) ovenproof dishes.
- Cut pastry into six rounds large enough to cover the top of each dish. Place pastry on top of pie and lightly brush with egg. Place pies on oven tray.
- Bake 10 minutes. Then reduce oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and bake pies for further 15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.