Mince Vindaloo Curry
This week at the end of a long working day at my Floreat pop up stand my neighbour Phil messaged me with …
“Hi Latasha I made a small dish of pork-and-veal mince vindaloo last night with Mutti tomatoes. It is delicious! I had some for lunch just now and it is even better than last night. I have a little left (just one small-ish serve). Would you like me to drop it off to you this evening so you can try it?”
I wasted no time polishing it off with some yoghurt and rice. It was such a scrumptious dish I’ve asked Phil to share the recipe. It’s always such a pleasure for me as the maker, to hear how my pastes are used and personally I enjoy it even more than when I cook it myself. I am sure any leftovers of Mince Vindaloo Curry will make a lovely filling for a pie!
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 1 x large red onion, peeled and diced
- 500 g pork and veal mince
- 2 x 400 g cans Mutti cherry or baby roma tomatoes (or use one of each!)
- ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Vindaloo Masala Paste
- 1 heaped tsp dark brown sugar
$113.40View / Buy Now
- In a medium pot, saute onions until they just start to go soft.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Vindaloo Masala Paste, cook for a few minutes with a little water as required to stop it sticking (LOVE that smell!)
- Add the mince and a good pinch of salt.
- Brown the meat in the sauce on high heat for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stirring intermittently until bubbling away nicely then reduce heat to low.
- Add dark brown sugar then cover and simmer for about 30-45 minutes. Remove the lid and reduce the sauce slightly if it needs it.
- Serve with rice and yoghurt.
TIP: Try not to eat it so fast you burn yourself because it tastes so good, and you have to have more.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.