CHICKEN & GREEN CORIANDER PIE
Bake this Chicken & Green Coriander Pie for a family dinner. Or simply batch cook the chicken base to freeze for later, and serve with boiled pasta.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 3 sheets Careme puff pastry
- 1 kg chicken thigh fillets, diced
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
- 1 heaped tbsp Pic’s Peanut Paste or use Honest Pantry Almond Paste if you have a peanut allergy
- 300 g brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour, sifted
- ¼ cup cream
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Milk for brushing pastry
$15.90 – $90.00View / Buy Now
- First pre-heat oven to 180˚C.
- Next place 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large fry pan over a medium to high heat. Add onions and a pinch of salt, cook for 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes. Turn heat up to high, add chicken and cook until the meat is sealed and no longer pink, around 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle sifted flour over the chicken and stir until well coated. Quickly add Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce, stock and cream and bring to the boil for 2 minutes until the mixture thickens. Add peanut paste, season lightly and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, butter and line a 20 cm pie dish. Place two sheets puff pastry into the dish and cut where it overhangs and make sure all sides are covered with your pastry. Blind bake for 10 minutes then cool for a a couple of minutes.
- Place chicken mixture into the pastry shell. Top with a sheet of puff pastry and seal around the edges of the dish. Make a few holes in the pastry lid and lightly brush with milk. Cook pie for 35-40 minutes or until cooked and golden.
- Serve with steamed greens and mashed potatoes.