Curried Mince with Greens
Curried Mince with Greens makes a quick and easy, complete protein-packed family meal. Just cook up my curried mince with tinned lentils and a healthy bunch of mixed leafy greens.
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, crushed
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 50 ml water
- 2 tbsp Mutti tomato paste
- 1 kg coarsely ground beef mince
- 1 tin brown lentils, drained
- 200 ml Ayam coconut cream or milk
- 200 ml Mutti Cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch coriander with roots and stem, very well washed, then chopped
- 1 small bunch spring onions, green and white parts chopped, about 7 stalks in total
- 1 large bunch leafy greens (can be a mix of bak choy, choy sim, silver beets, spinach, Swiss chards etc)
- 2 large tomatoes, skin removed
- 2 green chillies
- Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala
- Juice of a lemon
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a large casserole pot and cook onions with a pinch of salt until caramelised approx. 10 minutes.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste and water then heat gently for 5 minutes. Next add tomato paste, then ground beef and brown the meat very well for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils and continue simmering on gentle heat. Add chopped coriander and spring onions into a blender and top with all the blanched greens, skinned tomatoes and green chillies. Blend until you get a thick liquidy green smoothie. Add mixture to the mince in the pot and bring to a gentle boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes. Add Mutti tomatoes and coconut milk, and continue simmering for at least 40-45 minutes on low.
- A sprinkle of Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala and lemon juice adds a great finish.
- Eat with roti’s or naan bread, sour cream and Latasha’s Kitchen Zingy Tomato Chutney.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.