Curried Mince with Greens
Curried Mince with Greens makes a quick and easy, complete protein-packed family meal. Just cook up my curried mince with tinned lentils and a healthy bunch of mixed leafy greens.
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, crushed
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 50 ml water
- 2 tbsp Mutti tomato paste
- 1 kg coarsely ground beef mince
- 1 tin brown lentils, drained
- 200 ml Ayam coconut cream or milk
- 200 ml Mutti Cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch coriander with roots and stem, very well washed, then chopped
- 1 small bunch spring onions, green and white parts chopped, about 7 stalks in total
- 1 large bunch leafy greens (can be a mix of bak choy, choy sim, silver beets, spinach, Swiss chards etc)
- 2 large tomatoes, skin removed
- 2 green chillies
- Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala
- Juice of a lemon
$18.90 – $113.40View / Buy Now
- Heat oil in a large casserole pot and cook onions with a pinch of salt until caramelised approx. 10 minutes.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste and water then heat gently for 5 minutes. Next add tomato paste, then ground beef and brown the meat very well for about 10 minutes.
- Add the lentils and continue simmering on gentle heat. Add chopped coriander and spring onions into a blender and top with all the blanched greens, skinned tomatoes and green chillies. Blend until you get a thick liquidy green smoothie. Add mixture to the mince in the pot and bring to a gentle boil, then simmer covered for 15 minutes. Add Mutti tomatoes and coconut milk, and continue simmering for at least 40-45 minutes on low.
- A sprinkle of Latasha’s Kitchen Garam Masala and lemon juice adds a great finish.
- Eat with roti’s or naan bread, sour cream and Latasha’s Kitchen Zingy Tomato Chutney.