Something Special Madras Topping
A speedy sauce to turn any BBQ or pan fried red or white meat (even a sausage!) into a piquant treat. I have yet to try this with tofu but think it would work well.
Ingredients (makes 6 tablespoons, serves 4-6)
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1½-2 tablespoons of Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- Pinch of dried crushed red chilli
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ tablespoon of curry leaves (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan with a lid and Latasha’s Kitchen Madras Curry Paste
- Cook on a medium heat 1 minute until aromatic
- Add the chilli, diced tomato, curry leaves and water
- Bring to simmering point and reduce heat and cook for ten minutes
Use this with any cooked red or white meat or toss with some chickpeas. I have shown this sauce on top of lamb steaks that I sliced across some rice and cooked frozen peas. Served with a little cooling cucumber and some mixed zucchini, onion and capsicum I cooked in the lamb pan once the lamb had been removed and was resting for a few minutes.
- ¼ plate protein-rich food – by meat portion
- ¼ plate low GI carbohydrate – ⅔ cup rice
- ½ plate vegetables – the vegetables in the dish and the side dishes of zucchini/capsicum/onion and cucumber
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.