Leg of Lamb with Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeño Relish (video)
This short video demonstrates how to use our zesty Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeño Relish to create a wonderful thick pesto like marinade as a topping to slow roast a whole leg of lamb.
Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Jalapeño & Chimichurri Relish is a lighter version of a traditional classic Argentinean herb sauce. This all-natural earthy and zesty chimichurri is packed with carefully selected ingredients. A gorgeous relish filled with bold citrus flavours, jalapenos, an assortment of fresh herbs, zesty orange and lemon juice and rind, garlic, onions, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper, mustard, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and red and white wine vinegars. Perfect used as a marinade, for stir-fry dishes, and as a table sauce for everything.
- 2 kg leg lamb
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeño Relish
- 1 can butter beans – rinsed and drained
- 6 pieces anchovies and about 1 tbsp of the marinating oil
- Salt flakes
- 1 whole orange, cut into 5-6 slices.
- 4 banana shallots, quartered
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed
- Olive oil for drizzling over base vegetables
Ingredients for Sauce
- ¼ cup Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeño Relish
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ orange, juiced
- ½ cup EVOO
- Preheat fan forced oven at 160°C for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor blend butter beans and anchovies with some of its oil. Then add Latasha’s Kitchen Orange Chimichurri & Jalapeño Relish and blend again to a thick paste. Remove to a bowl.
- Prepare a roasting tray. Line with baking paper, lightly oil then layer base
with trimmed spring onions and quartered shallots and drizzle some olive oil over veggies.
- Spread the sticky marinade all over the lamb. Place marinated lamb on roasting tray. Arrange sliced oranges over the top of the lamb. Slow roast for 2.5 hours for tender pink results or 3 hours for medium results. Then rest well.
- In a mixing bowl add ingredients for sauce and allow to allow the flavours to develop over 15 minutes.
- Serve sauce alongside roast lamb and an assortment of spring vegetables.
NB: This dish works well in a slow cooker set at 1 for 7 hours.