Crayfish (Lobster) with Chilli Onion Dipping Sauce
- 1 steamed crayfish
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Red Chilli Onion Relish
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp minced fennel tip
- On a chopping board, place the cooked lobster on its back. Stretch the tail out so the lobster becomes flat.
- Use a sharp knife and cut through the centre of the lobster on the underside of the body. Slide the knife right down to the tail and cut straight down the middle.
- Turn the lobster around and cut through the top of the lobster’s head and right down to the tail.
- Pull the lobster apart and clean/wash the head area.
- Carefully place the lobster meat back into the shell, pink side up. Squeeze a lemon wedge over the lobster meat and brush liberally with extra Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- Place one half of the crayfish on a serving platter. Serve with dipping sauce in a ramekin dish on the side and with a fresh thinly sliced fennel, cucumber and tomato salad. Repeat with the second half.
TIP: Crayfish can be steamed, boiled, grilled or purchased already cooked.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.