Simple Goats Cheese Green Salad
A fresh, green salad made with creamy goats cheese is a great choice for mid-week lunches. Drizzled with lashings of our Glazed Balsamic & Beetroot Reduction it has it all. Oozing with flavour, texture and a good dose of protein so it works as a standalone lunch with very simple preparation.
You can also add some leftover cooked grains like quinoa, burghal or freekeh to turn this salad into a more substantial meal by itself or alternatively some green or brown lentils. For those who don’t particularly enjoy goat’s cheese, some grilled haloumi or boiled eggs may be another option.
Ingredients − Serves 2
- 100 g soft goats cheese
- 150 g Swiss Brown mushrooms, wiped and stalks removed
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups washed greens eg. baby spinach, mesculin leaves or a mix of any
- 2 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp hulled hemp seeds
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt, to taste
- Latasha’s Kitchen Glazed Balsamic & Beetroot Reduction
- Handful baby watercress
$100.00View / Pre-Order Now
- Bring goats cheese to room temperature.
- Heat the BBQ, grill or pan.
- Lightly oil it and put strips of red capsicum and whole mushrooms on to cook, turn when softened and then remove to a plate, to cool.
- Wipe the pan/grill plate and add walnuts and toast carefully for a few minutes.
- When mushrooms are cool, roughly fill them with the goats cheese.
- Arrange baby spinach on a platter then add mushrooms and capsicum strips.
- Scatter with sundried tomatoes, toasted walnuts, hemp seeds and season to taste.
- Drizzle with Latasha’s Kitchen Glazed Balsamic & Beetroot Reduction.
- Sprinkle with baby watercress.