Lemongrass Chicken with Caramelised ACV
Love lemongrass? Then try this simple Vietnamese inspired lemongrass chicken stir-fry dish that gets a flavour boost from two of our dressings. Hope you enjoy!
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, finely minced
- 4 fresh red chillies, finely minced
- 4 shallots, finely sliced
- ½ cup young coconut juice
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into strips
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
- 650 g boneless chicken legs or tenderloins, sliced
- 1 tbsp Chinese sesame oil
- ½ tsp each fresh ground white and black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp gluten free fish sauce
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds, dry toasted until golden brown
- Red chilli strips − according to taste
- Sliced green chillies − according to taste
- 1 ripe tomato, finely sliced (optional)
- Small handful of spring onions cut into 3 cm lengths (optional)
- Bunch of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- In a bowl combine marinade ingredients. Mix chicken through, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes but preferably for a few hours.
- Heat Latasha’s Kitchen Chilli Oil in a wok over low heat. Add lemongrass, garlic, chilli and shallots then stir-fry for about 5 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the marinated chicken and caramelise chicken all over on medium to high heat.
- Next add coconut juice, zucchini, bring to a quick boil and then simmer on medium until all the juice evaporates.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar to the chicken and stir to mix well. Chicken should be cooked fairly quickly with some dressing remaining.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and garnish with chillies, tomatoes, spring onions and coriander leaves.
- Serve with steamed rice and a side dish of stir-fried garlic with broccolini, snow peas and cashew nuts for a complete healthy meal.