Lemon and Mint Chicken Korma
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 750 g chicken drumsticks, skin off if you prefer
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 medium peeled potatoes, diced
- Salt to taste
- Juice of two large lemons − add ½ while cooking and ½ after
- ½ bunch of mint, leaves only, chopped
- Lemon wedges
Side dish − I served this with greens, rice, chickpeas and tomato which gives some extra vegetables including legumes and adds colour to the plate.
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls of chopped greens
- 2 cups cooked rice
- ½ can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 or 2 tomatoes, cut into eight wedges
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the chicken and brown on each side for 5 minutes.
- Add Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste,onion and salt then cook for 3 minutes or until the paste is fragrant.
- Add the other vegetables and half the lemon juice.
- Put on a close fitting lid, turn the heat down and let the mixture cook slowly for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Squeeze over remaining lemon juice, scatter with mint and serve with lemon wedges.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Add garlic, chopped greens and cook for a few minutes.
- Toss through the cooked rice and chickpeas.
- Serve when hot with the tomato wedges on the side.
Note: Being non-conformist today I did not add yoghurt or cream to this Korma dish! You could serve it with a dollop of yoghurt or sour cream if you like.