Quick & Easy Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney
Try the eggplant kasaundi chutney as a savoury dressing used either whole or blended up. Use as dips for kebabs and skewered finger food. Combine with yoghurt, then drizzle or dollop in burgers, wraps, rolls and sandwiches. Mix with coconut or fresh cream and create stir fries using mushroom, chicken, prawns or legumes. Or pair with stews, pilafs and curries. A versatile accompaniment to cold meats, hot roasts and any mains.
Ready to eat straight out of the jar or suitable for use in any cooking.
Recipes using Eggplant Kasaundi Chutney
- Add to tagines, simmer with curries or any slow cooked stews for added flavour
- Pair as a side accompaniment to pilafs, couscous, biriyani rice dishes
- Turn it to a dip using cream cheese or sour cream and serve with fresh vegetable sticks or for dipping with Indian flat breads
- Mix with cooked diced potatoes and peas and use as fillers for curry puffs, samosas or savoury vegetable tarts
- Spread over pizza base and top with sliced capsicum, tomatoes, onions and soft cheese.
- Dollop into wraps, burgers and rolls
- Stir fry with one punnet of sliced mushroom, a tablespoon or two of kasaundi and add a splash of fresh cream
- Pair with cheese and fruits like pears
- Combine with mince to make meatballs, patties, rissoles
- Slightly squash the eggplant kasaundi with a fork, mix with some tasty hummus and spread evenly over a focaccia and drizzle some EVOO
- Add to pasta sauce
- Spoon into vegetable soups
- Steak and fish burgers
- Add to omelette mixture
This can be cooled with coconut cream, coconut milk, fresh cream, yogurt, sour cream, cream cheese, hummus or tahini.