Ideas for Latasha’s Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
Caramelised apple cider vinegar is a luxuriously sweet and tart finishing sauce. Perfect for coleslaw, desserts, fruit salads, baked vegetables or as a creative garnish. Use as a vinaigrette, marinade or as a glaze over roast meats. Add to sauces and gravy.
Recipes using Caramelised Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix with Orange Chimichurri and the pulp of 2 passionfruits and use as a dressing for grilled prawns or lobsters.
- Mix with a couple of crushed fresh garlic, birds eye chillies, toasted sesame seed and heated sesame oil and use as a dressing for a Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Salad.
- Add as a topping to a salad made with fresh baby greens, apples, candied toasted walnuts and a soft mild cheese.
- Mix with 1 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard and pour over grilled shallots and serve as a side dish to a roast.
- Heat with 1 tbsp butter with 3 tablespoons of this caramelised vinegar and fry chopped bacon pieces and a teaspoon of minced garlic in it. Drizzle over a large bowl of boiled brussel sprouts.
- Stir a few teaspoons into homemade apple sauce.
- Use in stir fry Asian dishes and substitute palm sugar wit this caramelised vinegar.
- Use in Chinese claypot dishes like braised pork knuckle and substitute rock sugar with this caramelised vinegar.
- Glaze over roast cider pork belly and baked apple.
- Combine with a couple of crushed garlic, anchovies and capers and use as a dressing for egg and potato salad.
- Stir a couple of tablespoons through a bowl of whipped cream and pour over pancakes.
- Fry a handful of raisins until plump in nut oil, dry toast pine nuts, crumb some feta and combine with fresh tomatoes and thinly sliced red onions and use a few slugs of our caramelised apple cider vinegar.
Flavour: Tangy with honey tones
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.