Quick & Easy Date & Tamarind Chutney
This tangy date and tamarind chutney concentrate is a beautifully balanced mix of deliciously sweet, spicy and tangy flavours. It accompanies perfectly with fried or baked finger food such as onion bajis, pakoras, samosas and curry puffs and is versatile for use in Indian, Mediterranean and Middle-Eastern cuisine. Use with creative imagination.
Ready to eat straight out of the jar or suitable for use in any cooking.
Recipes using Date & Tamarind
- A perfect accompaniment/dipping sauce to pappadums.
- Fantastic with steamed veggies and baked potato or potato wedges.
- Mix with olive oil and drizzle liberally over salads like chickpeas or potato salad with some chopped coriander leaves
- Turn it into a sticky marinade and baste grilled vegetable and chicken skewers.
- Serve alongside cheese, cold meat, seafood or veggie platter.
- Mix with chopped red chillies and herbs and use as a dipping sauce for grilled seafood.
- Baste pan steamed pork or beef.
- Mix with plum sauce and pineapple juice and use as as a bbq sauce for sticky beef ribs
- Add 1-2 tbsp to tagines to liven up and add depth to the flavour.
- Add 1-2 tbsp to Biriyani, Kuruma (Korma) or Madras curries.
- Use at Christmas time on festive platters of bbq or roast turkey, pork, ham or duck.
- Mix chutney with a couple of chopped fresh plums, chopped dates, sliced serano chillies, shredded curry leaves and stuff a whole chicken or turkey overnight.Season well with salt and pepper. Bake as you would normally. Towards the last 15 minutes glaze the bird with a runny mixture of the Date Tamarind combined with some olive oil . Enjoy with some steamed vegetables and baked potato with sour cream. .
Heat: SWEET, SPICY, TANGY
This can be cooled with soft cheese, pate, cream cheese or hummus.
Join Latasha's personal mailing list for delicious recipes, exclusive promotions and behind the scenes update direct to your inbox.