LAMB KORMA PIES
Just in case you thought a Korma couldn’t get any better try filling this luscious creamy number into mini pastry cases. Lamb Korma Pies, perfect for a cosy dinner with your family or friends. Serve with pan roasted mint carrots and a crunchy side salad with raita style dressing drizzled over.
Ingredients − Serves 4
- 30 g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 700 g coarse lamb mince
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Masala Paste
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup full fat natural Greek pot set yogurt, whipped at room temperature
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bunch firmly packed fresh coriander leaves,
- 1 tbsp store bought almond or cashew paste
- 6 sheets ready-rolled Careme puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce
- 1 cup fresh English mint
- ⅓ cup olive oil
$15.90View / Buy Now
- Heat butter and oil in same pan, cook onion until translucent with a pinch of salt. Next add garlic stirring until softens. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Kuruma Paste and tomato paste. Cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Add lamb mince to the pan and brown meat in paste until its no longer pink. Then add yoghurt one tablespoon at a time until its well amalgamated. Now add stock, bring to a boil then simmer uncovered about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in peas, lemon juice, coriander leaves and almond paste. Cool.
- Lightly oil two 6-hole (¾-cup/180 ml) muffin pans. Cut two x 13 cm rounds from opposite corners of each pastry sheet, cut two 10 cm rounds from remaining corners of each sheet. Place the 12 large rounds in pan holes to cover bases and sides. Prick bases with fork, refrigerate 30 minutes. Cover small rounds with damp cloth, refrigerate.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- Cover pastry-lined pan holes with baking paper, fill with dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake BLIND 10 minutes. Remove paper and beans carefully from pan holes, cool pastry cases.
- Fill pastry cases with lamb mixture. Brush pastry edges with egg, top pies with small pastry rounds, pressing edges to seal.
- Brush pies with remaining egg, bake about 15 minutes. Stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Make the sauce by blitzing Latasha’s Kitchen Green Coriander Sauce with mint and olive oil.
- Serve pies with the coriander sauce.