Oven Baked Saddletail Parcels
An old friend and his son who is a chef, made Oven Baked Saddletail Parcels a few years ago and shared the recipe with me. Recently I found it tucked away in my files and decided to write the recipe based on my old notes.
Lately I have really been enjoying preparing and eating foil steamed oven parcels. I do this with a variety of proteins and vegetables using my pastes and simmer sauces. The beauty about this style of cooking is that you can prepare the day ahead. Oven Baked Saddletail Parcels are such a lovely and light way of incorporating fish and vegetables into a meal.
Ingredients − Serves 2
- 2 x fresh WA Saddletail fillets (500 g)
- ⅓ jar Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- 60 ml cream
- Juice from half a lemon
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- Julienne mixed veggies ie. 1 red onion, 2 tomatoes, 1 carrot, ½ each red and green capsicums and 6 spring onions.
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 lemon wedges
$113.40View / Buy Now
- Make the marinade by mixing Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste with cream and lemon juice. Add the fish fillets and marinate covered for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Make a bed of julienned veggies and fresh coriander on two separate, large sheets of aluminium foil.
- Place marinated fish on top of veggies and carefully seal all the edges of the foil to form enclosed parcels. Place parcels on baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Carefully unwrap the parcels and season with salt and pepper. Serve the fish and veggies with a lemon wedge.