Golden Broccoli Turmeric Bake
A really good recipe that can be prepared in advance. Golden Broccoli Turmeric Bake is a great accompaniment for celebration meals and gatherings. It also works really well with cauliflower instead of broccoli. You can use condensed chicken, leek or celery soup instead of mushroom and vary the types of cheese and biscuits used.
Ingredients − Serves 6
- 4 large heads of broccoli to yield 10 cups of florets
- 2 tbsp neutral flavoured oil
- 75 g butter
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic
- 1 cup full fat whole egg mayonnaise (or sour cream)
- 1 x 400 g can Amy’s Kitchen GF Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup (or use your preferred brand)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- 1½ cups mild cheddar, Monterey or English Lancashire cheese
- 200 g packaged cream crackers (any preferred brand eg Ritz or Jacobs) finely crushed
$13.90 – $25.00View / Buy Now
- Cut fresh broccoli crowns from 4 large heads to make about 10 cups of bite size florets. Steam broccoli florets over a large pot of boiling water, covered, until tender for 10 mins. Don’t over cook.
- In a frying pan, heat butter and oil then sauté onions over low heat until very soft approx. 10 minutes. Add Latasha’s Kitchen Turmeric Spice Magic and continue sautéing for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl add mayonnaise, eggs and soup then whisk gently until well combined. Next add gruyere cheese followed by the sautéed onion turmeric mixture and mix well to combine.
- Then add the drained steamed broccoli. Mix well and pour into a fairly large oblong shaped casserole dish. Top with grated cheddar cheese and finish with the crushed crackers.
- Bake in a hot pre-heated oven set at 175˚C for 30 minutes. Cook an extra 5-10 minutes if its not golden brown enough.