Creamy Cashew Nut Chicken
Creamy Cashew Nut Chicken is a gorgeous way to use our coriander curry paste and a big hit with customers at our North Perth store.
Ingredients − Serves 4 to 6
- 1kg chicken thighs or tenderloins, skin off, diced into large pieces
- 1 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp cashew nut meal
- 2 green chillies, crushed into a paste
- 1 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- Oil or ghee
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 medium onions, finely crushed
- 2 tbsp Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste
- ¼ cup water
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup roasted cashew nuts (if using raw cashew nuts, boil in 1 cup water for 20 mins)
- Juice of half large lemon
- Large handful fresh mint
- Mint leaves, coriander leaves and chopped cashew nuts.
$15.90 – $90.00View / Buy Now
- Combine marinade ingredients, add diced chicken and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat fan forced oven to 180˚C.
- Roast marinated chicken in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a pot heat oil or ghee then add bay leaves, cinnamon stick and onions, and cook to caramelise for 12-15 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons Latasha’s Kitchen Coriander Curry Paste and water to the pot, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mince together tomatoes, green chillies and a bunch of coriander in a food processor, before adding to the pot.
- Blend Greek yoghurt, cashews, lemon juice and a large handful of fresh mint to make yogurt sauce.
- Add the roasted chicken and yoghurt sauce to the pot, stir to combine, bring to the boil (about 5 minutes) then cook about 10-15 minutes longer to reduce.
- Serve garnished with mint, coriander and chopped cashew nuts.